Monday 11 June 2007

Electronic Ghosts

I don't know what to make of this, but it piques my fortean interest;

From Animated Trigger;

"I’ve heard about these “ghosts,” coded information sent through an electronic source that can turn into a physical apparition. The science behind it is baffling, and I wish I had never even tried to figure them out, because the more I read, the more I saw, the less sense it made. Some say the government made them, some say it’s extraterrestrials, and some say it’s the Illuminati. The most interesting idea was that they’re people who were struck by lightning and killed, literal ghosts."

One Hacker's Paranioa

It sounds like a sci-fi idea to me, but I wonder if anyone else has heard anything similar?

1 comment:

Animated Trigger said...

Hah, someone actually read my little short thing.

That was actually me trying to write something out for a live-action stop-motion thing I wanted to do.

As for the electronic ghosts, an anime called Serial Experiments Lain dealt with something similar, though that's not really what was in my mind at the time; I just wanted a name for the person who would attack the hacker in the film if I ever made it. I dunno if I ever will or not...