Friday 8 June 2007

Paranormal Underworld

Just found this link to a virtual (or at least live cam) ghost hunt -

Paranormal Underworld

The collaborative software element looks interesting - I wonder if it's possible through a remote window to build up the tension, intimacy and fear that a live seance/ouija board/ghost stories round a campfire does. I guess if not, might it be considered a more effective (at least from a skeptic/scientific analysis point of view) form of investigation as it doesn't offer the same opportunity for (however unwitting) collusion - the kind that we see between the team on Most Haunted? Or, at the very least, the elements are recorded, so evidences can be analysed later objectively.

I can imagine Derek Acorah typing in furiously -

Derek says: "Uhh! Uhh! I'm a little witchy!!!!"

Derek says: "Ooh, what happened? I think I just got possessed"

Sam says: " :-( "

Derek says: "Thank you Sam"

No comments: